Welcome to Chestnut Class!
Hi, my name is Miss Pearce, and I am very excited to be teaching year 3 again this year with the help of our super teaching assistant Mrs Phillips.
Our class is called Chestnut class and it is a kind and happy place to be. The children of Newtown know how important it is to treat others with respect, as well as the equipment we use. This allows us to enjoy each day of school and to be successful in our learning. We will remember to try our best in everything we do by challenging ourselves in the classroom and demonstrating good behaviour. It is going to be a fantastic year with lots of fun, interesting topics and experiences planned.
Important things to remember:
- All homework (spellings, sentences, top talkers sentences and maths) will be set every Monday and must be completed by Friday.
- Orange homework books are to be brought in every day so that reading scores can be checked.
- Children are expected to read daily and record their readings at the back of the orange book.
- Name all items of clothing, especially jumpers, fleeces and/or cardigans.
- PE kits must be named and in school every day.
Please keep checking our class page to see photos of the amazing things we will be doing this year.